The Landmarks: Chicago iPhone app is updated (ver. 1.96) with the following new features:
- New landmarks! (approved by Chicago City Council in October 2011):
- White Castle #16 at E. Cermak Road,
- Kenwood United Church of Christ at S. Greenwood Ave., and
- the latest Schlitz Brewery Tied House at N. Oakley Ave.
- Facebook is added to the “Share” option for each landmark. You can directly post information about each landmark to your wall, with a customized note.
- A “tab bar” is added to the map – now you can easily search by location or street, change the map type, and set preferences without leaving the map.
- A Google Street View image has been added for each landmarked site.
- Several corrections have been made to Wikipedia links and photo images.
- Search distance and miles vs. kilometers are now preferences. You don’t have to set these each time you do a search. You can easily change the search radius, and switch from miles to kilometers, from a Preferences button.
- Overall software updates to improve performance.
See our earlier post about all the app’s features and rich content that you can access while exploring Chicago’s amazing architectural heritage.